From gtkpod iPod Manager
libgpod is a shared library, written using C and GLib/GObject, used by gtkpod to access the contents of an iPod.
libgpod supports playlists, smart playlists, playcounts, skipcounts, ratings, podcasts and cover art. Audio, video and photos are also supported. It has Python and C# bindings.
Latest stable release is version 0.8.0. This release has support for all iPod models except the iPod Nano 6g (the touch one). Most non-jailbroken iOS devices (iPod Touch, iPhone) are also supported with the notable exception of the iPad and the iPhone/iPod Touch 4 which are only supported as read-only devices.
You are welcome and encouraged to use this library in your own projects and extend its functionality. Please contact gtkpod-devel at lists.sourceforge.net for assistance. Donations (iPod hardware or money) are always useful to help us improve supports for the vast collection of iPod models that exist today.
libgpod is licensed under the GNU Lesser General Public License (LGPL).
For details on using libgpod, please see the API documentation.
Other projects using libgpod
- Amarok: a music player for Linux and Unix
- Banshee: a free software media player built upon Mono and Gtk# with an Apple Device extension using libgpod Mono bindings.
- Exaile: a media player with optional support for the iPod.
- FUSEPod: a virtual filesystem for accessing the iPod on Linux.
- gPodder: a Podcast receiver/catcher written in Python using GTK
- Last.fm Music Player: a Qt-based music player for the Last.fm web service.
- podtool: a Python-based utility for managing tracks between a local music repository and an iPod
- Rhythmbox: a music management application for GNOME
- thin liquid film: an application to load and convert video files to your iPod.
- Clementine Player: multiplatform music player. It is inspired by Amarok 1.4